I have a thing about nasty microwaves. It’s repulsive to me when there is cheese burnt or who knows what inside my beloved microwave. However, since I became a single mom, I’ve let a few things go.
My microwave has been neglected.
And my teenage son is to blame. He attempted to heat up velveeta and let it blow up in the microwave. It made a bloody mess and a stink that I can’t describe.
It was nasty!
So, I had to put my how to clean a microwave trick into action. It came out spotless without using any elbow grease in a matter of minutes.
So add this task to your spring cleaning list.
How to Clean a Nasty Microwave
- 1/2 c of water
- 1/2 c of vinegar
- microwave bowl
- wooden spoon
- paper towel or sponge
- Place a 1/2 c of water and 1/2 c of vinegar in a microwave safe bowl
- Place wooden spoon or toothpick in the bowl to avoid boiling and a possible explosion
- Place bowl in center of microwave and heat on high for 8 minutes
- Let the remainder of liquid in the bowl cool down because it will be extremely hot
- Dip a sponge or paper towel in the liquid and wipe down the inside and outside of the microwave
It works like a charm without using elbow grease.
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more homemaking ideas!
Thanks for pinning this how to clean a nasty microwave tutorial for others. I know you aren’t one to let your microwave get nasty like mine.