What ’80s child does not remember the Smurfs?
I remember waking up on Saturday mornings, grabbing a bowl of cereal with my sibling, and plopping ourselves down in front of the television to watch Saturday morning cartoons. One of our favorite cartoons was The Smurfs – those fun-loving little blue creatures! My mom would come into the family room and remind us that we had to also get our chores done before going outside to play.
I even remember going to the store to see all the new Smurf figurines for sale each week. My friends and I would compete to see who could collect the most Smurfs – not much different than the TY Beanie Baby craze of the late ’90s and 2000s.
Smurf Chore Charts
When I became a mom, I had the same rules for my own kids – chores before play! Therefore, to keep my kids on track and encourage them to get their chores done, I created various theme chore charts for each of them to stay on top of their chores. This packet has 8 charts with different Smurfs on each page.
In addition to the typical chore chart, though, I added a “Cheerful Attitude” box at the bottom of the page to mark when my kids would finish their chores with a good attitude. We all have chores to do, so why not do it with a cheerful attitude, right?
How It Works!
- Print out the Smurf chore chart and bucks
- Laminate the chore charts
- Cut the Smurf bucks out and place them in a safe place
- Write your child’s name and chores on the chore chart
- Encourage the child to initial box when the chore is completed
- Mark your child’s attitude at the end of the day
- Reward each child with a Smurf buck if he/she completed his/her chores that day with a cheerful attitude
My kids would treat the incentive bucks like real money and save them for different things, such as exchanging them for a movie night Smore Mix, popcorn, game night, or a new book. The choice is yours – do whatever works for your children.
I have found that this method of tracking chores and rewarding good behavior has been very effective with my children, even my kids in their tweens and teens. The older kids might save their Smurf bucks for more incentives like gas money once they start driving.
Other chore charts and resources and activities on BBAD!
Please check out my other chore charts available for FREE on my website.
- Disney’s Inside Out Chore Charts
- Disney’s Minnie Mouse Chore Charts
- Disney’s Finding Dory Chore Charts
- Wonder Woman Chore Charts
- Star Wars Chore Chart
Here are a few other FREE parenting resources for you, as well:
- Volunteer Opportunities with your children
- 70 Folktales and Fables from around the world
- How to Stop Backtalk
I created these free Smurf Chore Charts with Smurf Bucks for my email subscribers.
Simply fill out the form below and you will instantly receive the PDF via email.
Please take note of printing tips:
Please copy and paste the link into a new browser tab to print.
Please download and save it on your hard drive immediately to avoid the link becoming expired
Thank you for visiting Blessed Beyond a Doubt and pinning this activity for others to enjoy!!!
Leave A Comment