A Homeschool Character Study is part of our weekly school routine.
Here’s How We Do a Character Study
- Each child goes through the printable chart and picks a character trait that they feel they need to work on for the week. We usually do this on Monday mornings along with our Bible lesson.
- Each child must look up their character trait in the 1828 Dictionary. We own this wonderful resource and use it often, but you can use it free online.
- The children use a concordance to look up their keyword or character trait.
- Each child must find at least (1) character in the Bible that demonstrates the character with scripture references.
- Each child applies the character to their life for the next week with descriptive ideas.
- A memory verse is always imperative to meditate on during the week.
I created a FREE homeschool character study printable along with a Character Chart for their character notebook. The character chart includes 50 character traits.
Character Study Tips for Classrooms
You can simply pick one character per week and discuss it with you class. I like to make a point to comment when students are demonstrating their character traits during the week. Instead of using the character study PDF, you can have the students complete the vocabulary notebook page.
Thanks for pinning the free character study printables for others to enjoy.
Making a Million with only $2000 looks the most interesting to me.
I think Making a Million with $2000 looks very interesting. We have been considering some investing options. Praying about it.
I’m interested in the Making a Million with $2000, as my husband and I have recently started getting serious about retirement (still 35+ years away). I think this book would help give us a better understand of how and what to do.
Also, thanks for the great character building freebie! Love all your freebies and use them often! I’m a new homeschool mom and I absolutely love internet resources! My daughter (8) is excited to homeschool, because now she gets to study the Bible in school! 🙂
25 Truths: Life Principles of the Happiest and Most Successful Among Us,
25 Truths looks amazing!
I think the Money Marathon one looks very interesting!
Financial Freedom sounds wonderful!
Thanks for introducing me to some interesting resources.
I’ve been looking for something to help teach Biblical character to my kiddos. This looks great! Thank you so much!
I am quite interested in 25 Thuths
I think the Money Marathon book looks the most interesting to me. I feel like my husband & I need some training in our finances.
25 Truths looks good.
Thank you so much for this!!! I’ve been wanting to do character education but just didn’t know where to begin. Thanks!!!
You are so welcome. Enjoy!