Teaching early learners phonics starts with learning to recognize the letters of the alphabet – the letter names and sounds. It is also around this time that they are learning to write. This fun coloring and writing printable will help them to do just that. With this St. Patrick’s Day theme printable, they will be able to recognize the letters, learn the different sounds they make, and letter formation.
This activity has been designed for pre-school and kindergarten students. And, if you would like to get your toddlers started early with letter recognition, this is a perfect activity.
Each page represents a specific letter of the alphabet (both uppercase and lowercase letters), as well as an image for that letter. Your children can use crayons or colored pencils to color in the picture. This adds a little creativity to the activity.
After they have colored the worksheet to their liking, I recommend that you use a laminator for the sheets to have added durability so your child can reuse them. For repeated fine motor practice, your child can use dry-erase markers and erasers on the laminated sheets.
I definitely appreciate your frequent visits to my site. Therefore, for additional learning fun, please check out some of my other St. Patrick’s Day printables with lots of fun ideas:
- St. Patrick’s Day Color the Code – Parts of Speech Color Sheets
- St. Patrick’s Day Preschool Pack – full of truly fun activities for preschool and kindergarten
- St. Patrick’s Day Spelling Printables – teach your children how to spell with these cute spelling test sheets
- St. Patrick’s Day Learn the Sentence – a fun way to learn how to write a simple sentence
- St. Patrick’s Day Counting Cards 1-10 – teach your children to count 1 to 10
I created these free printables for my email subscriber. Simply fill out the form below and you will instantly receive the PDF via email. Please take note of printing tips:
Please copy and paste the link in a new browser to print.
Please download and save on your hard drive immediately to avoid the link expiring.
Thank you for visiting Blessed Beyond a Doubt and pinning this activity for others to enjoy!!!
Leave A Comment