The new school year is upon us, and I wanted to make life easier for all of you science teachers out there by providing you with a FREE science lab safety contract to use in your classroom. Why reinvent the wheel, if you don’t have to?
FREE Science Lab Safety Contract
Safety is everyone’s responsibility, and our student’s safety comes first. Therefore, I created this FREE science lab safety contract to be used in both elementary and middle school science classes.
It is important to review lab safety with your students at the beginning of the school year, and this safety contract will ensure that your students will follow your rules and procedures. Depending on the grade that you teach the types of experiments that your students conduct will vary. However, the safety rules are the same:
- Listen carefully and follow the teacher’s instructions
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed (i.e., safety apron, glasses, and gloves)
- Handle materials and tools responsibly
- Do not touch materials without the teacher’s permission
- Keep your work area clean and organized
- Report spills to your teacher immediately for proper clean-up
- No horseplay or rough-housing
- Clean up your work area when you are done working and put all tools and materials in the appropriate places
And, of course, work responsibly to keep yourself and classmates safe at all times.
After reviewing these rules, your students will sign the contract and keep it in their folders for reference throughout the year. I also recommend keeping a copy on your student files, as we all know that students may lose the contract at some point during the year. If your students have a science notebook, you can also staple the contract into the front of the notebook.
I hope that you and your students have a great and safe year!
Here are some other educational resources on BBAD:
- Periodic Table Unit Study for Grades 6-8
- Math Facts Packet for Grades K-3
- Moon Phases Lesson
- Spring Sentence Writing Worksheets
- How to Calculate Speed Lesson for Grade 6
- Back to School Build a Sentence Worksheets
- Reading Response Exit Tickets
I created this FREE Science Lab Safety Contract for my email subscribers.
Simply fill out the form below and you will instantly receive the PDF file via email.
Please take note of printing tips:
Please copy and paste the link into a new browser tab to print.
Please download and save it on your hard drive immediately to avoid the link becoming expired
Thank you for visiting Blessed Beyond a Doubt and pinning it for others to enjoy!!!