I don’t know about you, but one of my favorite places to be, when not reading a book, is working in my garden. Being from New Jersey, The Garden State, my husband loves to grow vegetables. Some of his favorites are tomatoes (after all New Jersey has the best tomatoes, but I don’t like them), squash, zucchini, and peppers. We both enjoy being able to go out to the garden and pick vegetables to make for dinner, and I especially love when my husband fires up the grill to cook BBQ chicken or a savory steak.
Recently, I found a vegetable marinade that could not be easier to make, and it was so good. We used squash and zucchini from our garden and added mushrooms and red onion to the mix. After we marinated the vegetables for several hours in a zipper bag, my husband grilled the vegetables on his Weber grill.
How to make the 3 Ingredient Grilled Vegetable Marinade
- Whole Mushrooms
- Yellow Squash (sliced)
- Zucchini (sliced)
- Red Onion (chunks)
- Red Pepper (chunks)
- 1/2 c of soy sauce ( I use Liquid Aminos)
- 1/2 c of Avacado Oil (you can use your favorite oil)
- 1/2 c of Lemon Juice
- Wash and prepare the vegetables
- Put vegetables in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag
- Mix all of the liquid ingredients together
- Pour marinade into the zip-locked baggie and make sure all veggies are soaked with marinade
- Marinade for at least one hour in the refrigerator (the longer the better)
- Spray vegetable grill basket with cooking spray
- Grill on low for 30 minutes
My husband likes to grill food using the rule of thumb of “low and slow.”. The vegetables were absolutely delicious! My kids absolutely loved them. We had some leftovers that we ate the next night. We actually thought the vegetables were more flavorful the next day.
TIP: Slice squash and zucchini about 1/4 of an in so they aren’t soggy.
<<<Related Post: How to Grill Avacadoes>>>
It’s a win-win for all of us. It’s so darn easy and the grilled veggies are so savory that I know you will thank me for introducing you to this simple 3 Ingredient Grilled Vegetable Marinade Recipe that Kids Love. Let us know in the comment section.
Leave A Comment