I am a HUGE advocate of Summer Reading Programs.
I sign up my children for all of them.
Of course, the first place you need to check is your local library. I have never heard of a library that did not have a summer program. And be sure to sign up for all local libraries within a 15 mile radius. You can use the same book list for all the programs. Most programs count books that are read a loud for the younger ones. Just be sure to check with their policies.
Top FREE Summer Reading Programs
- Barnes and Noble – earn a FREE book when you read 8 books this summer (Coming Soon!)
- Book A Million – Summer Reading Adventure with Reading Ambassador Dav Pilkey
- Showcase Cinemas Bookworm – bring a book report on Wednesdays for a FREE movie
- Sylvan – offers prizes for taking book quizzes and this program is always available
- CapCom – (based out of NY) earn up to $10 ($2 per book) by simply reading!
- SunCoast Credit Union – RaysUp earn Tampa Bay Rays baseball tickets for reading
- Chuck E Cheese – read every day for 2 weeks and receive Ten FREE game tokens!
- Pizza Hut – Book It! program earn a free, one topping personal pan pizza for reading
- Scholastic – Read-a-Palooza!
- AudioFile – Audio Book Sync audiobook program for teens 13+
- TD Bank – Read 10 books and receive $10 in a Simple Savings Account
- Half Price Books – Feed Your Brain summer reading program
Keep your children reading this summer with this simple idea. My children love our book basket time.
Be sure to print the free summer reading log and bookmarks.
How many summer reading programs are you signing up your children for this summer?