I am a HUGE adovocate of Summer Reading programs.
I sign up my children for all of them.
Of course, the first place you need to check is your local library. I have never heard of a library that did not have a summer program. And be sure to sign up for all local libraries within a 15 mile radius. You can use the same book list for all the programs. Most programs count books that are read a loud for the younger ones. Just be sure to check with thier policies.
Top FREE Summer Reading Programs
- Barnes and Noble – earn a FREE book when you read 8 books this summer
- TD Bank – read 10 books and get $10.00 in a new Young Saver account
- Showcase Cinemas Bookworm – bring a book report on Wednesdays for a FREE movie
- Sylvan – offers prizes for taking book quizes and this program is always available
- Pizza Hut – Book It Program offers tips and printables, too
- Chuck E Cheese – complete the reading reward chart and receive 10 FREE tokens
- Scholastic – earn digital rewards
- HEBuddy Summer Reading Club – Hang tight, they haven’t updated it for 2016 yet.
Keep your children reading this summer with this simple idea. My children love our book basket time.
How many summer reading programs are you signing up your children for this summer?