I always anticipate the New Year with new goals, plans, schedules, organization and priorities.
I strive on organization and schedules!
It makes me happy! And you know the old saying, “If mama ain’t happy, no one is happy.” When our family is on a schedule and our home is somewhat organized, we function better as a family.
How to Simplify Your Life – 10 Simple Steps!
- Figure out what is important – list your priorities in order of importance and then decide if they line up with your family goals. If not, do away with the activity.
- Establish a daily quiet time – make sure your time with the Lord is not suffering. Spend time in prayer, worship, and scripture daily. Do it first thing every morning.
- Simplify your on-line communities – unsubscribe from any emails, facebook pages, or yahoo groups that are not supporting your needs anymore. Set a timer and have an allotted amount of time to spend on email and social media each day. I check email 3x’s per day.
- Analyze your daily schedule - write it down and leave room for interruptions. Set a timer for each task. Ask your husband for his suggestions. You might be surprise in what he deems important and what’s not.
- Prepare quick, but healthy meals – I use my crock pot almost daily. I prepare most meals at lunch time. My crock pot is my best friend.
- Make a Budget – discuss this with your husband and use an envelope system. Become debt free in 2013.
- Mark all important dates on calendar – I put all birthdays and monthly dates for the year on my printable calendar and on my calendar phone. This includes our weekly family nights.
- De-Clutter Your Home – get rid of anything you have not touched in 2012. Pick a room per week, so you are not so overwhelmed.
- Make a 3 week meal rotation – I usually leave 1 day per week for new recipes. I have 3 weekly grocery lists, week 1, week 2, and week 3. I place the upcoming week on the fridge and add to it as needed. This has saved much time and helps me stay on budget.
- Always Set Clothes out the night before – have your children do this task before they brush their teeth each evening at bedtime. Make sure you do the same. I have the older ones responsible for helping my little ones.
With the help of the Holy Spirit and these 10 simple steps you will surely simplify your life in 2013.
Do you have any steps to add to the list?