I have always loved making festive Easter desserts. I’m not sure if it’s because my mom growing up made a cute Easter bunny cake each year for our Easter gathering. So this year, I decided I wanted to make these pretty cross cupcakes for my family. I want it to be an Easter tradition. The children can help decorate these pretty cross cupcakes on Good Friday with me each year.
Also, I thought these cross cupcakes would be perfect for a baptism or first Holy Communion.
Cross Cupcake Ingredients
- 12 cupcakes, using your favorite recipe
- 1 cup green frosting, your favorite
- 20 pretzel sticks
- Heart sprinkles
- Flower Sprinkles
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips, melted
Cross Cupcake Instructions
- Break 8 pretzel sticks into three equal pieces. Place remaining solid pretzels on waxed paper.
- Lightly dip one tip of each broken pretzel into the melted chocolate. Press tip against a solid pretzel and repeat on the opposite side of the solid pretzel to create a cross shape. Press a heart sprinkle against the middle of the cross. Allow setting to be complete.
- On cupcakes, pipe green frosting to resemble grass.
- Sprinkle flower sprinkles over the green icing and press lightly to attached.
- Gently press a pretzel cross into the middle of each cupcake.
Be sure to check out these Easter Resources
Make The best-deviled egg dip that is amazing.
Keep your kiddos busy with these FUN Easter sensory activities.
How about making an Easter craft with your kiddos?
Making these easy cross cupcakes will surely be a hit with your friends and family. I just love how simple they are to whip up.
Thank you for pinning these Pretty Cross Cupcake Recipe for others to enjoy.