I just love deviled eggs! I look forward to them each Easter. However, I never knew how much I would get addicted to this egg spread.
It’s wonderful with any type of cracker. I enjoyed it the other day with gluten-free crisps. I am snagging this recipe and photo from The Cutting Edge of Ordinary. You must go check out her beautiful blog. She has wonderful recipes and photos. You will be blessed. I love deviled eggs and never thought of making just the filling as a spread. The recipe originated from Katie Lee in a Food & Wine 2009 magazine. I tweaked it a bit to meet our family’s need.
Click here for perfect hard-boiled eggs every time.
How to Make the Best Deviled Eggs Recipe Spread
- 1 dozen large eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Paprika for dusting
- Shell the eggs and half them lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop half the egg whites and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining white and all of the yolks to a another bowl with the mayo, sour cream and mustard. Blend until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl and blend with the chopped egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made ahead and refrigerated overnight.
And special thanks to The Cutting Edge of Ordinary for finding this yummy recipe!
Check out the TOP 9 Reasons to Raise Your own Chickens!