I am a selfish mom!
Don’t get me wrong, I adore my children and feel they are blessings in my life. I would not change my situation nor do I wish I was someone else.
I enjoy my 6 children staying home with me, but I do have 10 confessions that I must admit. I often feel guilty about feeling these emotions at time, but I know it’s only the work of the devil.
He wants me to feel guilty.
He wants me to feel like a failure.
He wants me to feel ashamed.
He wants me to feel inadequate.
After 17 years of being a mom, I still struggle with these emotions. And I imagine, I always will struggle to some extent because I am human.
10 Confessions of a Selfish Mom
- At times I want to send my children to their rooms, just so I can experience some quiet time
- At times I get tired of waiting on them and making their meals and want to serve cereal for dinner
- At times I wish I could go out to lunch with my friends and have pretty nails instead of eating peanut butter sandwiches
- At times I don’t bathe my kids when needed because they always want to play in the tub too long
- Most of the time I dread my kids having friends over because it makes more work for me
- Most of the time I throw my children’s pictures away that they made for me
- All the time I hate playing the preschool games with them, such as, Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders
- All the time I hide candy from my kids in my underwear drawer and it has yet to fail me
- All the time I throw their tiny toys away such as legos when I see them on the ground
- Never do I give these emotions over to God completely
I agree it’s normal for me to feel these selfish thoughts at times, but it is a SIN to not give these emotions over to God. He already knows my thoughts, so He isn’t surprised in the least that I am a selfish mom. Since He lives in me, I know I can conquer another day, month, and years of being a mom. He never intended on me to do this mom thing along. Too often I forget He is there right with me. These are His children that He entrusted me with and I MUST rely on Him completly or I will fail again.
Remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth – Deuteronomy 8:18
Do you have any confessions that you would like to share with us? We all have been there! Please follow our Homemaker Tips and Resources boards for more helpful ideas!