A child who learns to care for an animal and treats it with love and care may get invaluable training in learning to treat people with the same love and care as their pet. We have always had pets, and my children have been the primary caregivers in all situations. However, careful parental guidance is always needed, especially with younger children.
Developing a positive relationship with a pet can contribute to a child’s self-esteem and self-confidence. Positive relationships with pets can support the development of trusting relationships with others. A loving relationship with a pet can also assist in developing non-verbal communication skills, compassion, and empathy with other people. It’s a Win, Win!
There are 7 beneficial reasons why Children Should Help Raise a Pet
- Most pets love to be played with causing the child to exert additional physical activity
- Snuggling with a pet can help develop a comfort sensation for children
- Being responsible for caring for a pet can help to develop love, loyalty, and affection for people
- Experiencing a loss and grief when a pet dies or gets lost helps prepare children for the inevitable
- Pets provide lessons about life, including reproduction and birth
- Pets can help develop responsible behavior in the children who care for them
- Pets can teach children respect for other living things
How to Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy
Try Dinovite and Save 10% Off Today
Use Coupon Code: DV10