Does it make you want to pull your hair out when you open your strawberry carton and a few of those precious babies have more hair on them than your husband?
Our whole family adores popping a strawberry in their mouth for a sweet snack!
I like to buy strawberries in bulk when they are on sale.
Related Article: How to Grow Fresh Strawberries
But often we forget about the carton of fresh expensive strawberries because somehow they migrate to the back of the fridge.
I found the solution on how to keep strawberries fresh longer.
And it’s tried and true!
I bought these beautiful strawberries 12 days ago! Don’t they look perfect?
Here is the the top secret to keeping your strawberries from molding
Wash them with white vinegar!
- When you get your strawberries home, prepare a mixture of one part vinegar and ten parts water.
- Drain, rinse if you want, but not necessary.
- Store in the fridge.
The vinegar kills any mold spores and other bacteria that might be on the surface of the fruit.
Raspberries will last a week or more, and strawberries go almost two weeks without getting moldy and soft.
More Related Articles
- Easy Strawberry Bread Recipes
- The easiest strawberry cookies using a cake mix
- Refreshing Summer Strawberry Cocktail – to die for
- Divine Strawberry Bars – so easy
- Strawberry Cream Jello Dessert – a family favorite
- My favorite Strawberry Salsa – you will be asked to bring this to every party
Now you know the secret on how to keep your strawberries from molding!