Do you have a homeschool mission statement?
If not, you need to create one each year! There a numerous reasons why it’s imperative that you and your family should always revise a homeschool mission statement before you begin the new school year.
5 Reasons a Homeschool Mission Statement is needed:
- It will help you make realistic goals for your homeschool year.
- It will encourage you to continue to run the race when you are discouraged.
- It will give you freedom from comparison. Each homeschool is unique.
- It will help you stay focus on the main reasons your on the homeschool journey.
- It will help you to spend your money wisely on the resources that will meet your goals.
So you might be thinking this sounds like a great idea, but where do I begin? Here is a How to Create a Homeschool Mission Statement printable to help you keep your thoughts organized.
5 Things to Ponder when creating your homeschool mission statement:
- What are the reasons why you decided to homeschool?
- What are your short term goals for this school year?
- What are your long term goals for your homeschool?
- What are the spiritual and character goals you would like to instill in your children?
- What are the life skills you want your children to master?
I recommend you and your family spend time brainstorming these ideas together with the How to Create a Homeschool Mission Statement printable. Second, have your entire family praying over these ideas for at least a week. Next, come together and come up with a homeschool mission statement as a family. Print and place in a visible location. It also might be a good idea for the family to each sign the homeschool mission statement.
Please don’t make the same mistakes I did in your homeschool journey.
Do you create a homeschool mission statement each year?
Hi, really liked this post, we are just beginning our homeschooling journey and I think creating a mission statement is a great idea and will be a great reminder for those moments when you wonder if your on the right track, etc.
I printed off your mission statement helperand noticed is asks for short term goals twice. I figured one was supposed to be long term goals, not a big deal, but figured you’d probably like to know 🙂
Anyway glad I found your site, looks like lots of encouraging things on here! 🙂
Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I will fix the printable.
I LOVE this! We are new to the homeschooling world and this is just what we needed. Glad I found your site too…we live in Denton but my husband is from East Texas 🙂
Rachael from http://www.lifeoutsidetheshell.com
I needed this right now. I have been struggling greatly with whether homeschooling is still thing for our family. Thank you for the free printable. They will help me to thing through why I am doing this tough job.
Thank you again! I think this is wonderful way to stay focused when things get messy 🙂
Thanks! Needed to take the time to actually put all this in one place. Didn’t realize you were the same person that inspired me to stop shampooing my hair too ?