Do you need some FUN creative writing prompts for your kiddos that won’t shed tears during this new school year?
I’ve got you covered.
These Sketch N Stories printables are geared towards K-6th grade. I have included (3) different notebook pages depending on your child’s writing skills with different sized lined spaces.
My children had so much fun with these that I am going to make all different sets. And of course, I will share them with your kiddos, too.
I wrote the sentence out for my kindergartener who is just beginning to write and he copied it onto his notebook page. However, you can require more writing with older children.
Here’s what you need:
- cardstock and white copy paper
- whole punch
- metal ring
- crayons, colored pencils, or markers
Here’s how it works:
- Print the drawing cards on card stock and laminate – I am planning on using these for 3 of my children, so I want them durable
- Cut each drawing around the edges of the rectangular (see above photo) and hole punch each in the left corner
- Place cards on a metal ring
- Print several notebook pages for your children (choose the best one for each child)
- Allow your child to pick which drawing to copy. Inform him to try to copy one square at a time in each designated square
- Have your child write a sentence or two about the picture depending on their age
I plan on putting these Sketch N Stories in their workboxes once a week. Fun, huh?
I created the Sketch N Stories – Back to School exclusively for my email subscribers. Please fill out the form below and you will receive the PDF via email once your confirm your subscription. I create several freebies per week so you always have something to look forward to. Please check your spam folder.
Graphics: My Cute Graphics
Please feel free to pin these Back to School Creative Writing Prompts!