I love sharing crock pot recipes!
We eat Mexican food at least once a week. Refried beans always accompany any Mexican meal in our home.
I usually make a big pot and freeze half for another meal in tupperware or a gallon size freezer bag.
Here is a super easy one to add to your crock pot recipes!
|Easy Crock Pot Recipes – Refried Beans!
- Dry pinto beans
- onion powder to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- chili powder to taste
- salt to taste
- cumin (I use a lot)
- beef bouillon (4 cubes)
- Soak beans in water overnight
- drain beans
- place beans in crock pot and submerge in water at least an inch and half over beans
- put all spices and beef bouillon cubes and cook on low about 8 hours
- Drain beans and save about 2 cups of bean juice
- Use electric mixer to mash beans and add a little bit of water to make creamy.
- You might need to add salt or other spices at this time.
I usually add additional spices while mashing since I don’t measure. You can stick left overs in crock pot to warm up on low and add just a tad of water.
Need more crock pot recipes!