Laundry is a never ending chore! It should be considered a credited homeschool subject worth several credits in our household.
I’m really serious! We do about 4 loads a day and we still aren’t caught up!
Hope some of these laundry tips make your chore a successful experience especially with your little ones.
5 Steps to Cleaner Clothes for Frigidaire by Tara Aronson
- Immediately rinse or blot away spills on your clothes with cool water to prevent stains from setting.
- Read fabric care labels before you wash. Your clothes will last longer if you know how to treat them.
- Sort laundry by color, wash cycle needed, and water temperature required. The Frigidaire Affinity’s Permanent Press cycle washes with warm water and less agitation, resulting in less wear and tear on your sturdy jeans, khakis, and sweaters; the Dedicates cycle uses cold water and light agitation to gently clean swimsuits, workout clothes, and lingerie.
- Before washing stained garments, pretreat or prewash the spot using the Affinity’s Rinse & Spin cycle. If at first you don’t succeed, wash, wash again.
- To keep snags and lint to a minimum, zip zippers, button buttons, empty pockets, and brush away lint before tossing duds in the hamper.
5 Most Common Summer Spills for Frigidaire by Tara Aronson
1. Crayon-Scrape off as much of the colorful surface as possible using a plastic picnic knife. Apply laundry detergent directly on the stained area. Gently rub the detergent into the fabric then let sit several minutes. Launder using the hottest water the fabric can handle – or the Sanitize setting of your Frigidaire Affinity washer. Dry as usual.
2. Iced coffee –Sponge the stained area with cold water. Apply a pretreater to the blight. Wash as usual and air dry.
3. Grass-Prewash the garment in warm water in your washing machine –the Rinse & Spin cycle on your Affinity washer – and a laundry detergent containing enzymes. Launder as usual (normal setting) with detergent and chlorine bleach if safe for the fabric. If the garment’s care label instructions advise against it, use oxygen (color safe) bleach instead. Dry as usual.
4. Juice-Soak for a minute or so in cold water. Remove excess water, and then apply a pretreater directly on the stained area. Wash with detergent as usual. Air dry. Do not place in the dryer until the blight is completely gone – otherwise the stain is likely to set.
5. Chocolate (or chocolate ice cream) – Prewash the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent that contains enzymes using the Affinity’s Rinse & spin setting. Launder as usual, using the washing machine’s Normal setting. Dry as usual.
How do you get out your most common Summer Stains out of your laundry?
Don’t want to miss any frugal tips, subscribe today!
When people visit Frigidaire Facebook Page and share their personal Adventures in Clean, Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children, as part of its $750,000 commitment to the cause.
By posting, I am eligible for a drawing and that all opinions are my own.
Turn printed T-shirts inside out before washing and consider air drying them to help make the images last longer.
Great idea! Won’t be an issue considering my children take their clothes off inside out of habit. My dh has been washing all his shirts inside out for years. He chooses to do his own laundry. Thanks again for the tip (: