I remember growing up my mother instilled these same principles and tips into my little mind every time we had a guest visit. Over time it becomes a habit that will be a blessing to others for a lifetime.
11 Tips on Teaching Children Hospitality
- Always offer to take coats/and belongings
- Always offer guest a drink or snack
- Always let guest go first
- Always direct guest to the seating or play area
- Always let the guest choose the activities
- Always be attentive to guest needs
- Always share, share, and share more
- Always clear table for guests after a meal
- Always assist guest with gathering their belongings when it’s departure time
- Always thank the guest for coming and ask them to come again
- Always walk guest to the door when leaving
I created this FREE simple Hospitality printable to place on our refrigerator. We take about 5 minutes to review the principles before our guests arrive. There is no better way than to put these habits to work than inviting a few friends over. So get busy and teach your kiddos the art of hospitality.
Another resource that I can’t say enough positive things about is this little pink book. It’s truly a gem filled with 365 short lessons on manners. We just read and discuss the etiquette during meal times. It takes less than 5 minutes per day. My children have a lot fun when we review We Choose Virtues each morning.
Thanks for sharing this Teaching Children Hospitality Printable with others. We all can make a difference in today’s society. We can prepare our children for the future one day at a time.