This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Superior Source. All opinions are 100% my very own.
I have inherited my mom’s weak stomach, unfortunately. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with my incredible sense of smell or not, but it’s always been an issue for me.
Having a great sense of smell can be wonderful, but it can also haunt you and cause you to vomit at the drop of a hat.
One of the things I needed to take for years was vitamin supplements, but they made me sick to my stomach every time. Being nauseous is stressful when you have a house full of children and a gazillion daily tasks to tackle.
So in a nutshell, taking vitamins was just added stress to my life instead of causing me to feel exuberant. My doctor told me several things to try during my last annual visit that has helped me tremendously to successfully take vitamins without causing an upset stomach each time.
5 Tips to Taking Vitamins When You Have a Weak Stomach
- Determine the Correct Dosage. It is very important that you have your blood checked and vitamin levels checked during your annual health visit. Extra vitamin supplements can cause harm to your body and cause an upset stomach.
- Skip Caffeine. Some vitamins interact with caffeine found in coffee or tea. Caffeine can also change the way your body absorbs vitamins. I make sure I take my vitamins at least an hour after my morning coffee.
- Take Vitamins in Chewable Form. This has probably been the most effective tip that I can offer to you. Once I began taking all my vitamins in chewable form I avoided any heart burn or indigestion. I have been taking Superior Source Vitamins. Superior Source Vitamins use the under-the-tongue technology which causes the vitamins to work and absorb fast in seconds. They are also 90% smaller than regular vitamins. Superior Source Vitamins can be found in various stores. Heads up! There is a Super Sale the entire month of April at all Sprouts locations. Of course, you can also purchase them online at iHerb and Lucky Vitamin.
- Be Consistent. Take your vitamin supplements at the same time every day. Make sure you are taking the same dosage daily, too. Try setting your phone alarm if you are having trouble staying on a consistent schedule.
- Avoid Taking on an Empty Stomach. I like to take my vitamins after I come home from the gym while eating my yogurt. Taking vitamins with a smoothie seems to help me, too. However, if I try to take any vitamin on an empty stomach, I’m headed for an upset tummy.
Of the most important things to consider is consulting with your physician on what vitamins you should be taking, especially if you aren’t eating a well-balanced diet. Also, listen to what your body is telling you. If you are feeling energized and healthy, you are probably taking the correct dosage and vitamin supplements.
Win ONE SSV Vitamin 6-Pack that’s worth over $100.00
- Melatonin – 5mg
- Coenzyme – Q-10 – 30 mg
- Quick B-12 Energy Burst – I love these!
- Vitamin D 10 – I take twice a week especially during the Winter months
- Triple K
- Tangy Orange Melts – 500 mg
Fill out the giveaway form below. We will pick a random winner on May 4th at 12am. All entries will be verified.
Want FREE Vitamins?
- FREE Vitamin B-12 60 Day Supply – 1,000 mcg (only pay $3.95 S&H)
FREE Vitamin D – Any D product (baby, child, adult) (only pay $4.95 S&H)
BOGO FREE Vitamin C – (Sour Cherry or Tangy Orange) 500 mg – Buy One Get One Free
Please be sure to add any other tips for avoiding an upset stomach when taking vitamins in the comment section. Have you tried Superior Source vitamins yet?