I made this sausage and broccoli casserole last Thursday night and was amazed how much my family enjoyed it. Everyone including me had seconds.
Needless to say, it’s not on my low carb diet, but sometimes I have to get my carb fix in to stay sane throughout the busy week. And baked pasta with sausage certainly does the trick for me.
This is one of those casseroles that is perfect for a pot luck or to bring to a family in need. It’s delicious and very hearty. I served it with green beans, but a green salad would compliment the sausage and broccoli casserole nicely. I might even try a fruit salad next time.
Baked sausage is always a comfort food in our home. I always brown it in first on the stove before I throw it in a casserole.
How to Make Sausage and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 1/3 c of milk
- 1 or 1 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, cooked
- 9 oz pkg of chopped broccoli, thawed
- 8 oz pkg of egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c of roasted red bell peppers, chopped (comes in a jar)
- In a large bowl combine Alfredo sauce, milk, sausage, broccoli, cooked noodles, 1 cup of cheese, and roasted peppers.
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Evenly spread sausage mixture in baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until bubbling in the middle.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
TIP: Substitute ground beef, ground turkey or vegetables in place of the sausage.
I love casseroles almost as much as slow cooker meals. I love the fact you can make the casserole ahead of time, and freeze it. Try making 2 of them and freezing one for a later date.
Try making this King Ranch Chicken, but with ground turkey. It’s another favorite of ours.
Thanks for sharing this easy sausage and broccoli casserole for others to enjoy!