So knowing a little bit of my background, you can understand why Reformation Day is HUGE to me. I became a Christian 16 years ago and it was not until that season, I started reading and studying His Holy Word. I am a sinner saved by His grace alone.
Martin Luther preached that the Bible taught that forgiveness is a gift from God. Eternal life is a matter of faith, not what we say and do, and decisions about it belong to God, not the church. Luther believed that selling tickets to get into heaven was the church being selfish with greed and taking advantage of God’s chosen ones. He stressed the church was making a terrible mistake.
Here are several Reformation Sites and Ideas.
- Reformation Study – lots of great ideas including art projects, writing prompts, and activities
- FREE Notebook Pages
- Design Your Own Coat of Armor
- Luther’s Rose Coloring Sheet
- Pin the Beard on the Theologian Game
- The History of the Reformation
- Explanation of Justification by Faith
- History of John Calvin
- Reformation Skit
- A Mighty Fortress is our God – song and lyrics
- Coloring Page – Martin Luther
- Selected Works of Martin Luther
- Martin Luther’s 95 Thesis – my children post a copy on our front door
Doorposts has an incredible resource to help you celebrate Reformation Day. We usually spend the afternoon watching the movie, Luther while the little ones nap. I highly suggest you preview this movie before allowing your children to watch it. There are gruesome scenes that might frightened little ones.
This year we will start our Reformation Study on Monday and dig a little deeper each day through Friday. This year we will be participating in our church’s Fall Fest.
Have you ever celebrated Reformation Day with your children?