We are utilizing All About Spelling right now for the younger children. This program is not FREE, but you can certaintly benefit from using their FREE Spelling downloads when you sign up for their newsletter. It’s definetly worth it and you can unsubscribe at anytime.
However, if money is tight, don’t let that ever stop you from training your children at home.
Here’s 10 FREE Spelling Programs:
- Spell By Color – this program uses color coding to reinforce spelling rules
- K12 Reader – for grades 1-5, uses the common words
- FREE Homeschool Spelliing Course – for grades 6-8, includes the Spelling Rules, Lessons, Exercises, Dictation Exercises
- Garden of Praise – for lower elementary, biblical based
- Spelling Connection – for grades 1-8
- AAA Spell – for grades 1-8 and you can create your own lists, too.
- Spelling City – 55 weeks worth of lessons. You can let your children practice online or print out the lists.
- Kids Spell – has over 6000 words to practice with fun games for all levels.
- TlSBooks.com – has spelling lists and worksheets for each week. Over 200 lists to print.
- Home Spelling Words – for grades K-8, this program provides an interesting mix of verbal and visual teaching that will help your child improve his or her spelling test scores. This program is fun and free! There are also separate areas for practicing and testing. When your child is ready to take the spelling test, their scores will be saved for your review.
Also, A Learning Journey has a list of top spelling resources, too.
If I missed any FREE Spelling sites, please leave the link in the comment section. Happy Homeschooling!
Have you read my eBook, Instilling Biblical Character: 100 Tips and Resources to Train Our Children?