After my popular post, 5 Smart Things to do Before Your Kids Get Up, I thought it would only be fair to share with you the 5 Smart Things to do before you go to Bed.
Being a bit organized before you go to bed will always make getting out of bed a tad easier the next morning. I’m not sure about you, but I can’t seem to get my lazy bottom out of bed, if I don’t have these few things done the night before.
And don’t think you have to wait until midnight to get these tasks done, you can do them throughout the day.
5 SMART Things to do Before You go to Bed
- Set out your kiddo’s and your clothes the night before – trust me on this one, it will save many frustrations and less laundry when the children know what they are going to wear the next day. I have a rule! Whatever you pick out the night before, that is what you are going to wear the next day. No EXCEPTIONS! I used to have clean clothes going in the dirty laundry that would make me scream since my daughter would try on 3 different outfits each morning. The girl is only 4. Geez!
- Prepare and Set Your Coffee on Auto – If you don’t have this option on your coffee pot, you need to go buy a new one. They are less than 20.00 bucks.There isn’t anything more refreshing to me than knowing that I will have a fresh pot of coffee when I wake up. I usually do this at lunch time when I am in the kitchen.
- Set Out Your Bible, Devotional, and To DO List where you Sit – I am much more likely to start my day off with God’s Holy Word if I have everything out neatly waiting for me in the morning. I don’t want to have to go hunting for it each day. Also, don’t touch your phone before you do your quiet time and be sure to check your To-DO List. Make it a habit.
- Organize Your Laundry – At least sort out the dirty laundry and put them in piles or baskets for the next day’s laundry cycles. Read what I do in the morning before my kids get up.
- Make Sure Your Sink is Sparkly Clean – There is nothing worse than waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes. Well, maybe me not having coffee would be more detrimental to my entire family. I can’t handle seeing those dirty dishes from the day before. It gives me a false impression that the rest of my house is clean if my kitchen is tidy when I wake up. Try it, it’s true!
There are several other tasks that I tend to do, but these 5 smart things are a MUST for me in order for me to get out of bed when my alarm goes off each morning. I am not one that easily hops out of bed immediately each morning. I need all the incentives I can’t get to get rolling each day.
What are the smart things you do before you go to bed each evening? Does it make it easier to get out of bed?
Don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more great ideas!