One of my favorite things to do as a mom is to be creative with my children’s favorite movies or characters with food. It’s always fun to make the snack or meal ahead of time, so you can enjoy it right after you watch the movie.
These easy Pokeball Cheese Snack are so cute considering the new Pokemon movie, POKÉMON Detective Pikachu, is coming out in theaters on May 10th.
I thought about making these Pokeball Cheese Snacks for my third-grade class the last week of school because I imagine all my students are going to see the movie this summer.
Pokeball Cheese Snack Ingredients
Pokeball Cheese Snack Instructions
- Roll black fondant flat. Cut black fondant into strips about ¼ inch wide and long enough to wrap around the cheese.
- From the remaining fondant, use a small round cutter (like a piping tip) to cut small circles.
- Pinch tiny amounts of white fondant and shape into tiny balls. Flatten between layers of wax paper.
- Open each cheese snack and use a knife to carefully cut away the hinge, removing half of the waxy cheese rind.
- Wrap a black fondant strip around each cheese just below the remaining red rind, overlapping in the back. (Cook’s note: Be aware that the fondant will stain the cheese. Try to place the strip exactly where you want it to stay as removing and replacing the fondant will create dark marks on the cheese.)
- Place one circle of black fondant in the middle of each cheese over the black strip. In the middle of the black circle, press a white circle.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve to avoid the fondant bleeding on to the cheese.
These pokeball cheese snacks are super simple to make and they are healthy, too. They would be great for a birthday party or when your kiddos have a few friends over. You will definitely be the cool mom on the block.
Be sure to check our other FUN Kid Ideas to make you the cool mom
Make these spaghetti tacos for your kiddos next Friday night
Shark Jello is always a hit during Shark Week
These Minion Berry Banana Snacks are always fun
Thank you for sharing this Pokeball Cheese Snack post with others for them to enjoy.
Leave A Comment