The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. -
Characteristics of a Godly Woman
- Sober-minded – physically and mentally
- To act in love towards their husbands and children
- Discreet and lack of gossip
- Chaste – in behavior and dress
- Keepers at home -our main priority should be the home
- Being good – doing what’s right even when it is uncomfortable, unpopular, and inconvenient
- Obedient to their own husbands
Biblical femininity is unpopular and most would argue politically incorrect. The world tells us we can have it all from a tangible standpoint. The nice house, husband, children, luxury car, vacation, and career.
And there is nothing wrong with those things if you don’t sacrifice what God expects from you spelled out in Titus 2: 3-5.
We all have choices to make and sometimes it’s SUPER hard!
As Christians, we know it’s our duty to follow not the world, but the Word of God.
This is by far one of my favorite books that teaches true to God’s Word! It’s a must read and would make any excellent mother/daughter bible study.
In what areas do you struggle the most as a homemaker whether you work in or out of the home?