Looking for some fun Valentine’s Day themed science activities? Look no further! Here are several that are perfect for your kiddos.
One of my favorite ideas is just to get right to the heart of the matter. Pun intended. Kids Activities Blog has a fantastic activity that teaches how the heart works and includes an awesome craft that helps kids visualize how the heart works. I can’t wait to try this one!
Make pretty crystal hearts with this fun experiment using borax and pipe cleaners at Mummyology. They would make lovely gifts!
The Usual Mayhem shows us how to make adorable little beeswax candles in heart shapes for Valentine’s Day.
How about a classic sink or float experiment with a Valentine’s Day candy twist? First Grade at Foxwell Forest gives us a free printable observation chart and a fantastic idea for making simple science lab coats!
Try making some fun “love” lava lamps with different ingredients and see how they react. This is one of the fun Valentine’s experiments at Bath Activities for Kids.
Inspiration Laboratories puts a Valentine’s Day spin on a vingegar-baking soda experiment using frozen vinegar hearts and an invitation to explore.
Looking for some fun sensory experiences? Check out this crazy pink Valentine’s goo experiment from Sense of Wonder. If you balk at the messy factor, she has a sweet sensory tub as well.
A perfect Valentine’s science experiment that includes sparkles, pink, and explosions! Check it out from Preschool Powol Packets!
Here are more great Valentine’s Day science activities!
- Love Potions Valentine’s Science Experiment for Preschoolers from Preschool Powol Packets
- Candy Hearts Experiments from Naturally Educational
- Valentine’s Day Ice Experiments and Play from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Melted Heart Crayons (Heating and Cooling) from 1st Grade with Miss Snowden
- List of Valentine’s Day Math and Science Activities from Googol Learning
- Heart Science and Math from In Lieu of Preschool
- Valentine’s Day Chemistry Activities for high school from ACS
- Color Changing Flower Experiment for Kids Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Valentine’s Day Heart Resources for Science Lessons from The Whiteboard Blog
- Valentine’s Science Ideas (including a DIY stethoscope) from Science Sparks
Hope you have some science fun this Valentine’s Day!