Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to make special treats for that special someone. My kids look forward to giving these easy Valentine’s Brownie Truffles to their teachers with a little sweet note.
They are so easy to make. Your kids will have a blast helping you in the kitchen preparing these truffles, so put on your pretty apron and get busy.
- 1 box brownie mix (plus required ingredients listed on box)
- ¼ cup frosting
- Candy melts
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Prepare and bake brownie mix as directed on box. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut off the outer dry edges of the pan of brownies. Scoop the remainder of the baked brownies into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add the frosting and mix until well blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the brownie mixture out of the bowl and roll into balls.
- Once all of the brownie mixture has been rolled into balls, place them into the freezer for one hour.
- Melt the candy melts as directed on packaging.
- Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the candy, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet.
- While the candy is still melted, garnish the truffles with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes so the candy sets. Truffles should be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Yields: 30-35 servings
Total: 1 hour
Thank you for sharing this easy Valentine’s Brownie Truffle recipe for others to indulge in.