This post contains my affiliate links that helps support my family. Read my full disclosure policy.
Last week, one of my sons was curious about tornadoes. I started gathering links and resources to study tornadoes this week per my son’s request. Only the Lord knew, what devastation would entail this week.
I decided to share with you a whole list of tornado resources that might interest children.
I have to admit, my children are a bit fearful, but this is a time we must give our fears to the Lord. I decided to continue with our study this week. My children have many questions, so I am using this time to disuss spiritual issues with them, too. We do serve a mighty God!
- Weather Wiz Kids – facts with lesson plans
- Sky Diary – facts and diagram
- Pitara Kids Network – facts and what to look for when expecting a tornado
- National Geographic for Kids – video
- The Homeschool Mom – a list of links
- Emergency Prepardness
- FEMA for Kids – facts, safety, and terms
- What’s the difference between a hurricane and tornado? – printable match game, too
- Enchanted Learning – activities and printables
- Wart Games – free games and activities
- A to Z Teacher Stuff – many different lesson plans
- Tornadoes – several different resources
- Tornado Lesson Plans – grades 4-8
- Tornadoes Unit Study – for gradesK-12 (3.50)
- Tornado Mini Unit – with lapbook (1.00)
- Twisting Tornadoes – Amanda Bennett one week study – 8.95
- FREE Weather Lapbook – includes extreme weather
Science Experiments and Activities
- Tornado in a Bottle
- Tornado in a Jar
- Make a Pet Tornado
- Make a Tornado with 2 liter bottles
- Activities and Games
Tornadoes are a scary thing, are you teaching your children about tornadoes? Tell us your thoughts.