Yes, I am addicted to getting summer items at the dollar store. I have a list of seasonal items that I like to grab each time I make the FUN trip to my local dollar store.
Here are my TOP Summer Items for a Buck
- Sunscreen – this is my all time favorite item and
- Kites – especially for those beach trips in the breezy evenings
- Goggles – I buy numerous ones because they are always losing them
- Sidewalk chalk – practice those spelling words over the summer
- Sunglasses – I have bought reader sunglasses
- Plastic Cups with lids – buy a color for each kiddo
- Aloe Vera – so soothing after a shower
- Gardening Tools – my kids love to help garden, so I always buy them their own tools
- Water Guns – my kids play with these without the water inside, too
- Sand Toys – leave those dirty sandy pails at the beach and by new ones next time
- Planting Seeds – flowers are always my favorite ones
- Flip Flops – for outside or for making your DIY flip flops
- Bug Spray – keep one in the car and beach bag
- Lemonade – the kind you put in a bottle water. Keep it in the beach bag and car
- Seasonal paper goods – they always have FUN ones for a Luau
- Grill Tools – especially helpful if you are going to camp or picnic, just throw it away at the shore
- Drinking Straws – iced water always taste better with a colorful straw
- Popsicle – make your own DIY popsicle version with these plastic popsicle containers
- Wipes – baby wipes for the beach bag
- Nail Polish – as long as you put an over coat on, it works great
- Travel Containers – perfect for vacations or the beach bag
- Hand Sanitizer
- Jump Ropes – every girl needs to know how to jump rope
- Festive Plastic Serving Bowls – I usually change these out each season
- American Flags – to decorate your home or your children’s bikes on 4th of July.
There are so many FUN dollar store items for summer that I purposely have to make a special trip without the kiddos or I’ll end up being in there for hours.
Did I forget any? If so, be sure to leave your favorite summer dollar store item in the comment section.