This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CuriousCreamery #CollectiveBias
Whether you homeschool or send your children to school, there’s always something that they will remember about back to school season.
In our family back to school means colder weather, campfires, and s’mores. Now, it doesn’t come immediately since we live in the lone star state, but we know it’s right around the corner.
This year we had an unexpected move and my children ended up attending a new school, so I wanted to do something special before the first day of school. I put my thinking cap on and started brainstorming some ideas that were unique.
I decided on an ice cream cake but in all honesty, I didn’t want to fork out the expense. Then, I discovered The Curious Creamery german chocolate ice cream cake mix.
You can find it in the celebration section of your local Walmart. If you can’t seem to locate it, go ahead and be sure to ask a manager if they carry The Curious Creamery. A lot of times managers and the buyers don’t know what their customers want or need.
The Curious Creamery is lowering the carbon footprint while still providing ice cream lovers with a better-for-you product. The Curious Creamery has 70% less calories and sugar than most ice cream cakes. The best part is that you can be sure your ice cream cake doesn’t include gluten, artificial colors or flavoring, and high-fructose corn syrup.
Want a coupon?
Click here to save $2.00 off any 1 Cake Mix from The Curious Creamery today.
How to make the Back to School S’Mores Ice Cream Cake!
- Take 2 packets of honey graham crackers and crunch them up into little pieces. Then heat 6 Tablespoons of butter in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds. Mix the graham crackers with the butter until evenly coated and then press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of the 9 inch spring form pan. Freeze for at least one hour.
- In a large bowl, mix one of The Curious Creamery packets in with the recommended cream and milk with an electric beater until smooth.
- Break large marshmallows into tiny pieces so they won’t be too heavy and sink to the bottom of the ice cream cake mixture. Mix marshmallows with ice cream mixture. Pour ice cream mixture into spring form pan and freeze for at least 12 hours.
- Once completely frozen, take ice cream cake out and remove the spring form. Place on plate and decorate the ice cream cake with marshmallows, crushed graham crackers, and broken chocolate candy bars. This is your time to be creative. Decorate to suit your fancy.
- Freeze for at least one hour before serving.
It’s truly that easy to make your own S’Mores ice cream cake. The Curious Creamery enables you to have control over your flavor, nutrition, and decorating style. The children and I had so much fun making this ice cream cake together.
When using The Curious Creamery mix you end up with just a third of the fat, calories, and saturated fat of a traditional store-bought ice cream.
I can’t wait to make another ice cream cake. Did you ever realize how easy designing your own ice cream cake could be?