Reading Eggs is an online, multi-award-winning early learning resource and app (Reading Eggs – Learn To Read) that was developed by expert educators with over 30 years of experience. Put together by a team of elementary school teachers, writers and developers, Reading Eggs helps children become fluent and proficient readers.
Tailored to each child’s need, Reading Eggs is designed to be easy to follow, self-paced, and highly engaging for children between the ages of 2-13. Incorporating Reading Eggs at home means children will gain confidence where they feel safe, laying the building blocks for long-term reading and academic success.
1. Phonemic awareness: The ability to hear and manipulate the different sounds in words. Reading Eggs teaches phonemic awareness using a sequential series of skill-building activities that increase sound awareness
2. Phonics: Recognizing the connection between letters and the sounds they make, the process of mapping the sounds in words to written letters. Children will learn how to decode words into sounds and encode sounds into words when they write and spell through activities that feel like games
3. Vocabulary: Understanding the meaning of words their definitions and their context. Reading Eggs increases the number of words your child understands by introducing new words throughout the lessons with visual support to provide context and boost retention levels
4. Reading Comprehension: Understand the meaning of text both in story books and information books. To build active reading comprehension skills, Reading Eggs uses activities that scaffold or child’s understanding with a wide range of pre-reading activities to ignite their thinking. They will progress from learning words and their meanings to reading for meaning moving from learning to read to reading to learn
5. Fluency: The ability to read aloud with speed, understanding, and accuracy. In order to increase reading stamina, Reading Eggs takes your child from being a beginner to reading long chapter books – just like an exercise program, reading stamina increases over time with effort and regular practice.