Margarita Lime and Tequila Cookies are a MUST at any fiesta. They are moist and so flavorful. My whole gang adores them anytime I make them as a treat.
I don’t typically have tequila around my home, so I buy the cheapest one at the liquor store. The alcohol from the tequila cooks down during baking, so no need to worry about serving them to the younger crowd.
How to make the Margarita Lime Tequila Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter-softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 T Tequila
- Juice from 1 lime
- Zest from 1 lime
- 8 oz Wilton sparkling sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, eggs, tequila, lime juice and lime zest. Mix with an electric mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, until fully incorporated.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
7. Pour the Wilton sugar crystals into a small shallow bowl.
8. With your hands, roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and place into the bowl with the sugar crystals.
9. Cover each cookie dough ball with the sugar crystals and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to slightly brown.
11. Store in an airtight container if not serving them right away.
You can freeze the Margarita Lime and Tequila cookies for a later date. Just make sure they are secured in a large freezer bag.
Enjoy your Margarita Lime and Tequila cookie recipe with your family and friends. They will be a hit.