I’m not exactly a big watermelon person, but let me tell you that this tangy watermelon salsa rocks. It has the perfect amount of sweetness with bite of fire.
It’s perfect for any occasion. People will be asking your for the recipe, so be prepared. I like to serve it with tortilla chips, but it’s wonderful by itself.
How to Make Tangy Watermelon Salsa
- 3 cups of watermelon, finely diced
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/3 c of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 c of red onion, minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl except for the salt
- Season with salt(I use about 1/2 t)
- Chill in refrigerator for an hour
- Serve with tortilla chips
TIP: I buy a 5lb watermelon and I can easily get 3 cups.
It’s so refreshing and it’s so easy to make. If you are addicted cilantro like me, add more to your taste buds.
Be sure to try our Strawberry Salsa, too. It’s very similar.
Thank you for sharing this tangy watermelon salsa recipe for others to enjoy.