Does it make you want to pull your hair out when you open your strawberry carton and a few of those precious babies have more hair on them than your husband?
Our whole family adores popping a strawberry in their mouth for a sweet snack!
I like to buy strawberries in bulk when they are on sale.
Related Article: How to Grow Fresh Strawberries
But often we forget about the carton of fresh expensive strawberries because somehow they migrate to the back of the fridge.
I found the solution on how to keep strawberries fresh longer.
And it’s tried and true!
I bought these beautiful strawberries 12 days ago! Don’t they look perfect?
Here is the the top secret to keeping your strawberries from molding
Wash them with white vinegar!
- When you get your strawberries home, prepare a mixture of one part vinegar and ten parts water.
- Drain, rinse if you want, but not necessary.
- Store in the fridge.
The vinegar kills any mold spores and other bacteria that might be on the surface of the fruit.
Raspberries will last a week or more, and strawberries go almost two weeks without getting moldy and soft.
More Related Articles
- Easy Strawberry Bread Recipes
- The easiest strawberry cookies using a cake mix
- Refreshing Summer Strawberry Cocktail – to die for
- Divine Strawberry Bars – so easy
- Strawberry Cream Jello Dessert – a family favorite
- My favorite Strawberry Salsa – you will be asked to bring this to every party
So the next time strawberries are on sale, don’t hesitate to buy several cartons. There are so many wonderful recipes to concoct with fresh strawberries especially on Pinterest.
Now you know the secret on how to keep your strawberries from molding!