Since I’ve been concentrating on improving my health this year, I’ve been concocting low carb snack ideas, especially ones that can be enjoyed by others.
I absolutely adore sweet peppers.
I like them plain or jazzed up.
Originally I made these stuffed sweet peppers for me, but my kids got a hold of them and fell in love with them, too.
I’m going to play around with the ingredients next time, so stay tuned. Those who know me, know I’m notorious for putting a little twist in every dish.
Here’s what you need to make these easy low carb stuffed sweet peppers
- 1 bag of sweet peppers
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 3/4 c of diced ham (I bought in the deli section)
There isn’t any real measurement or recipe per se, I just winged it.
- Let cream cheese soften for 30 minutes on counter
- Cut tops and deseed sweet peppers with a sharp knife.
- Slice peppers on one side lengthwise to make stuffing easier(optional)
- Mix about 3/4 c of diced ham with cream cheese until smooth
- Stuff cream cheese spread into the sweet peppers
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
There really is no way you can mess these stuffed sweet peppers up. You can add more ham if you desire. Feel free to use any remainder cream cheese mix as a spread.
It’s just a simple low carb snack that I wanted to share with you all. I’ve been gleaning other low carb ideas and recipes in Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health. It has a detox plan in it that I am going to do after I read the entire book.
Check out one of my children’s favorite low carb one pot dish that I make often.
Start munching on these so easy low carb stuffed pepper snacks. I bet you can’t eat just one.