October is Pastor Appreciation Month! Make some plans as a family to serve your pastor in the next few weeks. It will not only bless your pastor, but will be a great bonding and learning experience for your kids any month of the year!
Pray for Your Pastor
Download these weekly prayer cards and use them during mealtimes or family devotions. Simply print and cut them out. You can attach them together with yarn or a book ring. You could even assemble them and hand them out as gifts to other families in your church and pray over your pastor together!
Give Cards and Gifts
Want to give your pastor a gift? Print one of these wall art posters or thank you cards. The kids can sign their names across the posters or cards or you could include a little gift certificate with it. Download the colorful kids’ pastor appreciation poster or the matching thank you card. For the more serious types, you can try the green pastor appreciation poster or the matching thank you card.
Support and Serve Your Pastor
The best gifts we can give our pastors are to pray for them and encourage them. Here are more ideas that you can start using with kids of any age to start blessing your pastor today!
- Have the kids make a pencil holder or other simple gift.
- Bless his wife with a pedicure, watch their kids, or send her a note of encouragement
- Pool money with other church members for a little vacation
- Give a gift certificate for a local restaurant or bookstore
- Find out what they like to eat and put together a care package
- Write out 12 notes of thanks and encouragement and mail one each month
- Use this prayer calendar at The Road to 31 to pray for your pastor every day of the month
- Your kids will love this Pastor Appreciation coloring page at Ministry for Children
- Try this cute mint-themed gift basket from Zucchini Summer to celebrate pastor’s commitment to the church
How are you and your family going to bless your pastor this month?