Fall is just around the corner! It’s my favorite time of year to experiment with my favorite vegetable, pumpkin. In all honesty, anything with pumpkin in it, makes me happy.
And to mix pumpkin with chocolate equals decadence.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 c of All-Purpose flour
- 1 t of baking powder
- 2 t of baking soda
- 1 t of sea salt
- 2 -3 T of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 c of chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 1/4 c of pumpkin, puree
- 1/3 c of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 T of canola oil
- 1 1/2 c of buttermilk
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Next, add the pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, oil, and buttermilk, and whisk well until smooth. The batter is very thick and will have a few lumps. Heat griddle to very hot, and spray it with cooking spray or coat with butter. Drop 1/4 c of batter onto griddle for about 1 minute, flip, and cook for another minute or so. Repeat for each pancake batch.
Serve with a dollop of butter, maple syrup, and sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
Try our other Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Bars – one of our most popular recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Pumpkin Dip – it’s wonderful
- Easy Pumpkin Rice
- How to Make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice
- To die for Pumpkin Casserole
- How to Make Pumpkin Playdough
- Frosty Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
Thanks for sharing these wonderful pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with others to enjoy this autumn season.