Organization is the key to productivity. I strive on it. It makes me happy!
I’m not so much of a clean freak, but I can’t stand clutter. We have a very small house. We lost over 1000 square feet when we moved back in February. Needless to say, I knew I had to make changes in order for me to successfully function as a homemaker, homeschool mom, and maintain my full-time blog.
Yes, I do sleep most nights.
The things is…..we are home most of the day, so organization must be kept a priority especially since there are many of us residing in a small space. There is not enough time in the day to be wasting time looking for items. If you can relate, then keep reading.
Here are the 11 Simple Tips to Guarantee a MORE ORGANIZED 2016
Don’t wait until the New Years to start implementing these simple tips, you can start getting organized today without becoming completely overwhelmed. Pick three and then add the rest.
- Unsubscribe from all Unnecessary Emails. If you don’t open the email most of the time when something is sent, unsubscribe. You can start this process immediately. Just do it! There is nothing worse than being overwhelmed with an inbox of unwanted emails. Weed out the junk.
- Delete FB groups and Unfriend People. I know this sounds harsh, but I am queen of wasting time on Facebook when I need to get my ducks in a row. In fact, I caught myself clicking and reading about people I don’t even know. How crazy is that? I managed to eliminate all but 10 of my Facebook groups that I was active in. Trust me, you won’t miss anything. I didn’t. And if I did, I didn’t know about it. What I don’t know, won’t hurt me, right?
- Declutter Space. Grab three boxes and go through each room of the house. One box for trash, one for donations, and one to keep misplaced items to organize. I only do one room per day, so I don’t get overwhelmed. You can pick one room per month if you want and keep it up. Find out where you can donate the items and immediately put your donations in your car. I don’t make a special trip, but I am always dropping things off when I happened to drive by our donation center.
- Implement Motivated Moms. It is a HUGE life saver for us. We have been using it for years. Read about it here.
- Start Banking Online. Check your account each day and pay all your bills possible with an auto monthly system. I have been using this app on my phone to make sure I don’t go over my monthly budget, too. I love it!
- Sync Phone with Calendar. This is nothing more annoying to me than someone saying… oh let me check my calendar when I get home. Really??? Use your phone because 9 times out of 10 you will forget to look at it when you get home unless of course you are Supermom. I have a paper calendar as well because it fits my old school lifestyle that I can’t seem to break. Always put all appointments immediately into your phone. Do not wait until you get home. You will lose that little appointment card.
- Keep a Ziplock Baggie in your Purse. I just throw all my receipts immediately in that baggie. I always know where my receipts are and I NEVER leave home without them. Every month or so, I go through them and delete all the ones I don’t need. This works beautifully.
- Buy a Plastic File Folder Box. I keep all my necessary files that I use regularly underneath my desk with this nifty box. I have a file for each month that I put all my documents or important TOP secret information in. At the end of the year, I just file all the documents in the correct file in a larger file cabinet hidden in my closet. There is something about a big metal file cabinet that scares me. This is especially helpful when I file taxes at the end of the year. I only have to go in there once per year. I keep my homeschool stuff in the box for the school year, too.
- Know Your 3 Daily Tasks. Pick your 3 most imperatives tasks for the day and get them done as soon as possible. I use these daily To-Do Lists.
- Implement the 10 Minute Clean Up. We do this twice a day. You must clean up for 10 minutes before lunch and 10 minutes before bed if you want to earn your keep around our home. You don’t work, you don’t eat. It’s a biblical concept. You can assign different areas in your home if you choose.
- Do these Smart Things. Implement these tasks before you go to bed and when you wake up. You will be happier.
Don’t stress out and start every one of these new habits at once. Start today and make a goal to have them implemented by the end of January. Just by doing these 11 simple tips, you will find your life is much more organized.
Do you have any organization tips that make your life more organized? If so, enlighten us, please.