My whole gang loves this easy King Ranch casserole. I used to make it with chicken, but decided to try it with seasoned ground turkey.
It was ah-mazing!
This is also a great dish to bring for a pot luck. There’s never a bite left for me to take home for lunch the next day.
How to Make King Ranch Casserole
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 c of picante sauce
- 3/4 c of sour cream
- 2 T of chili powder (use less if serving children)
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb of ground turkey, cooked (I seasoned it with onions, salt, and pepper)
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c of cheddar cheese, shredded
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine soup, picante sauce, sour cream, chili powder, tomatoes, and ground turkey in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and arrange half of the tortilla pieces on the bottom of dish. Top with half of meat mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until bubbling in center.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream, picante sauce, and cilantro.
Thanks for sharing this easy, but delicious king ranch casserole recipe with others. Let us know how you liked it in the comments. We love to hear from our readers.