This is a sponsored post. All Opinions are my 100% my own.
Have you heard of the English Grammar Usage Mechanics Punctuation Program (EGUMPP)before?
It’s an effective online grammar program that rocks. It’s the program that I have been searching and wanting for my high school student to excel on the SAT/ACT.
Writing and grammar has always been a priority in our homeschool because I strongly believe you need to be a good writer to be an effective communicator in today’s world, especially with email and social media.
I’m seriously tickled to discover EGUMPP because I have 3 younger children to homeschool educate and time is scarce for me. I don’t feel I have the time nor the skills to help my son excel in grammar or writing at this time. I want him to be an effective communicator.
EGUMPP is a self-paced, highly interactive, independent-study online application for teaching grammar, usage, punctuation, and writing mechanics for grades 7 and up. Our family will be using this program as their final grammar and writing program in the upper high school years. However, it’s very easily adaptable to fit the needs of the middle school student.
The program consists of printable modules with 100 tutorial videos that will take between 40-60 hours to complete. My child is on the 60 hour plan due to his other studies.
Before starting the program, my child had to install the free software, Silverlight on his computer. You must have Internet excess in order to access EGUMPP. It’s not currently available on iPads or tablets, but there are plans for this technology in the near future. There is an individual license key for each of the four modules. A license key is valid for one year from the date you initiate a module, and unused license keys never expire.
Nuts and Bolts of EGUMPP
Is a building-block learning system—the concepts of previous lessons are always included in the current lesson. This is spiral learning at it’s best.
- Provides video and audio support so students can watch and listen to lesson introductions, lesson instructions, and helpful reminders. This is perfect for the reluctant learner who needs constant motivation.
- Encourages students to strive for higher grades by allowing students to repeat lessons and graded exercises an unlimited number of times. My son found this to be very helpful because he tends to be a perfectionist with his grades.
- Lays the foundation for students to write clear, concise, error-free sentences.
- Helps prepare students for the PSAT, SAT, and ACT.
- Has an objective grading system and immediate feedback in each exercise. It’s a homeschool mama’s best friend.
- Provides a comprehensive summary of a student’s progress within each completed lesson. Mama always knows how her child is excelling.
Here’s how it works for my soon to be senior
Right now he is working through Module one on a daily basis. It is a bit time-consuming, but it’s extremely thorough. It takes him about an hour to complete one lesson. There is a test after each lesson that will determine his final grade. I like this idea because it encourages him to do his best each day. I am able to check at anytime his overall performance online. The first module is much more time-consuming than the other three. He will be completing the other modules next school year.
Does he love this program? Not especially, but he does know it’s successfully preparing him for his college admission exam and for his future, so complaining is at a minimal.
As a mom of a high school senior, I’m thrilled with EGUMPP because of the ease of the program and its comprehensive grammar and writing techniques. I am confident this program will prepare my child for a successful future.
You can try a demo for each of the four modules.