These k-cup leprechaun hats are so adorable and fun to make. They require supplies around the house except if you’re not a K-cup addict like I am, you will have to ask your neighbors to save a few for you. In return, you can make them an adorable k-cup leprechaun hat for St. Patrick’s Day. They make the cutest little St. Patrick’s Day token for friends and family.
St. Patrick’s Day always seems to fall during our spring break, so I’m always looking for entertaining, kid-friendly St. Patrick’s Day crafts for my own children to make.
How to Make K-Cup Leprechaun Hats
- Remove lid from the K-cup and clean out coffee grounds and filter. Wash with soap, rinse, and dry.
- Use the K-cup to measure the correct height of the green paper strip by placing one end of the K-cup on the edge of the paper and marking the place of the other end with a pencil. Then, use a ruler to draw a line across the paper and cut the strip. Cut the strip in half.
- Cut a small strip of black paper the same length as the green paper strip.
- Use the black strip to measure a piece of yellow paper slightly larger than the black paper. Cut the yellow paper into squares. Fold the square in half and cut a smaller square out of the center to create a buckle.
- Using a cup that is slightly larger than the K-cup, trace around the rim on a piece of green construction paper and cut out the circle. Fold the circle in half and cut a smaller circle from the middle. Measure the inner circle by placing it on top of the K-cup and adjusting the size until the round piece of green paper fits snugly over the K-cup to form a rim.
- Place the small side of the K-cup on a piece of green paper and trace around it. Cut out the circle and glue it to the top of the hat.
- Wrap the green strip around the sides of the K-cup and glue to secure.
- Glue the small black strip around the bottom of the green strip.
- Glue the yellow buckle on top of the black strip.
Thank you for pinning these K-Cup Leprechaun hats for others to enjoy.