Do you have a homeschool mission statement?
If not, you need to create one each year! There a numerous reasons why it’s imperative that you and your family should always revise a homeschool mission statement before you begin the new school year.
5 Reasons a Homeschool Mission Statement is needed:
- It will help you make realistic goals for your homeschool year.
- It will encourage you to continue to run the race when you are discouraged.
- It will give you freedom from comparison. Each homeschool is unique.
- It will help you stay focus on the main reasons your on the homeschool journey.
- It will help you to spend your money wisely on the resources that will meet your goals.
So you might be thinking this sounds like a great idea, but where do I begin? Here is a How to Create a Homeschool Mission Statement printable to help you keep your thoughts organized.
5 Things to Ponder when creating your homeschool mission statement:
- What are the reasons why you decided to homeschool?
- What are your short term goals for this school year?
- What are your long term goals for your homeschool?
- What are the spiritual and character goals you would like to instill in your children?
- What are the life skills you want your children to master?
I recommend you and your family spend time brainstorming these ideas together with the How to Create a Homeschool Mission Statement printable. Second, have your entire family praying over these ideas for at least a week. Next, come together and come up with a homeschool mission statement as a family. Print and place in a visible location. It also might be a good idea for the family to each sign the homeschool mission statement.
Please don’t make the same mistakes I did in your homeschool journey.
Do you create a homeschool mission statement each year?