Looking for some fun ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day with you kids, or do you need a yummy treat to take to a Valentine’s Day party?
Your kids will love this fun, tasty jello recipe, and you will love how quick and easy it is to bring a smile to their faces.
This recipe will yield six 1/2 cup servings. It is adapted from a recipe my grandma made from an old Jello box:
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 1 cup Red Hots candies
- 1 (6 oz) box cherry Jello (can also use strawberry)
- 2 cups applesauce (I used Motts unsweetened)
- 1 cup chilled Sprite (or 7-Up)
- Garnish: Cool Whip and red hots
1. Bring water to a boil in pan.
2. Add the red hot candies. Reduce heat to low and stir until dissolved.
3. Add the box of jello and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Add the applesauce and Sprite and stir to distribute.
5. Pour jello mixture into serving glasses and cover with plastic wrap.
6. Chill overnight.
7. Before serving, add a dollop of Cool Whip and extra red hots.
So easy, right?
Need more ideas? Here are a ton more great printable Valentines, learning printables, and activities.