This post contains my affiliate links that helps support my family. Read my full disclosure policy.
Do you need some FUN creative writing prompts for your kiddos that won’t shed tears during the summer?
I’ve got you covered.
These Sketch N Stories printables are geared towards K-6th grade. I have included (3) different notebook pages depending on your child’s writing skills with different sized lined spaces.
My children had so much fun with these that I am going to make all different sets. And of course, I will share them with your kiddos, too.
I wrote the sentence out for my kindergartener who is just beginning to write and he copied it onto his notebook page. However, you can require more writing with older children.
Here’s what you need:
- cardstock and white copy paper
- whole punch
- metal ring
- crayons, colored pencils, or markers
Here’s how it works:
- Print the drawing cards on card stock and laminate – I am planning on using these for 3 of my children, so I want them durable
- Cut each drawing around the edges of the rectangular (see above photo) and hole punch each in the left corner
- Place cards on metal ring
- Print several notebook pages for your children (choose the best one for each child)
- Allow your child to pick which drawing to copy. Inform him to try to copy one square at a time in each designated square
- Have your child write a sentence or two about the picture depending on their age
I plan on putting these Sketch N Stories in their workboxes once a week. Fun, huh?
I created the Sketch N Stories – Summer Edition exclusively for my email subscribers. When you become an email subscriber, you will receive the download along with other freebies. You will also be informed of weekly homeschool freebies and educational deals for the homeschool family. If you are already a subscriber, your link will be in the Friday, May 31st weekly newsletter.
You also might like the FREE Summer Hundred Chart Puzzles!
Graphics: My Cute Graphics
Please feel free to pin these Summer Creative Writing Prompts!