As a public school reading teacher, I always like to have various phonics for elementary student’s options. Some of my students are ESL and teaching phonics is always something I’m going to have to implement in my classroom. It’s actually now required that I teach phonics to, my 5th graders.
This is a list of free phonics programs that have aided my teaching over the years. Some of the free phonics for elementary students programs I used to teach my own children back in my homeschooling days.
You can either use some or all of these resources to effectively teach your child to read.
Here is a compiled list of FREE Phonics for Elementary Students
- Progressive Phonics – is an all-in-one reading program that is easy, fun, and totally FREE—that’s right, totally and completely free and is easy and fun. It uses all the sight words.
- Fun Phonics – An Explicit and Systematic Phonics Program for beginner readers.
- Word Mastery – a free course for the first three years of reading. This is an old school approach but it’s very effective.
- How to Teach Phonics – you can put this on your Kindle and teach with a tablet.
- Through the Phonics Barrier – uses a special “phonogram” method with detailed instructions with a student manual.
- Lalilo – phonics and comprehension programs that guide students to journey through different worlds, collecting badges and unlocking stories. The vocabulary-rich stories teach students about nature and animals in an engaging and fun way.
- Primary Concepts – free phonics e-book that teaches with a systematic, and sequential phonic lessons.
- Reading Bear – is a free program online to teach beginning readers vocabulary and concepts while systematically introducing all the main phonetic patterns of written English, all using innovative rich media.
- Kiz Phonics – online phonics program that includes phonics Worksheets, Phonics Videos, Phonics Games Online & Listening Materials, which have all been designed to help your child learn to read.
- Teach Your Monster to Read – fun online phonics and reading games that Cover letters and sounds to reading full sentences.
Be sure to check out the other FREE Resources Available
A list of FREE Full Homeschool Curriculums
A list of FREE Spelling Websites
A list of FREE Handwriting Sites
Free phonics for elementary doesn’t have to cost a fortune, does it?