My child needed some help remembering compound words, so I thought it would be fun to make a Groundhog Game and lesson on teaching compound words.
Of course it wouldn’t be complete without making a few Groundhog Day k-3 crafts.
Groundhog Day is always a FUN and silly holiday in our home.
What You Need:
- (7) pieces of white card stock
- Laminator and sheets
- Dry Erase Marker and Eraser
- 2 plastic snack bags to store
Here’s How it Works:
- Print printables out on white cardstock and laminate
- Cut out the Groundhogs images with words on them
- Place the Groundhog images in piles of green and brown
- Have child pick (1) brown card and then find the correct green card match to make a compound word
- Child places the cards on the main sheet (see photo above)
- Next the child writes the compound word with the dry erase marker
- The child can also use the cards and play a memory game.
These will make a FUN center for a classroom, too!
and some more FUN Groundhog Day K-3 Crafts and Printables and ideas……..
- Groundhog Day Mini Reader
- Groundhog Day Footprint – so cute
- Groundhog Day Pop Up Puppet
- Groundhog Day Coloring Pages
- ABC Teachers has many different printables
- Groundhog Day Math ideas
- Groundhog Paper Roll Craft – save those toilet paper rolls
Be sure to pin this Groundhog lesson on compund words and ideas!