These easy ginger molasses cookies are wonderful anytime of year. Every holiday season, I always ask myself why do I only make these cookies around Christmas. So this summer, I decided to bite the bullet and make these EASY ginger molasses cookies.
- 1 Spice Cake Mix
- 1 t of cinnamon
- 1 t of ground ginger
- 1 t of ground cloves
- 1/2 t of baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 T of vanilla
- 1/4 c of molasses
- 2 T of vegetable oil
- 1/2 c of white sugar
- Combine cake mix, spices, baking soda, egg, vanilla, molasses, and oil in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with electric beater.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour or so.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 375° and spray your cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll dough into balls and roll into sugar. I make into about 1-inch balls.
- Press balls onto the sprayed cookie sheets and bake for 10 min.
- Let cookies cool on wire rack.
TIP: Dough will be a bit crumbly, but don’t worry, they come out wonderful. Avoid baking too long, cookies will be hard.
These cookies are wonderful with a glass of milk or hot tea.
Thanks for sharing these EASY ginger molasses cookies with others to enjoy. I bet you can’t eat just one.