I love having cold salads with a meal. I try to branch out and try to serve a variety of salads during the week. This is one of our favorites, especially during the hotter months.
This is especially tasty with grilled chicken. I love to bring this to potlucks or picnics. It’s perfect for any occasion, so I tend to make it often.
Cold Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 2 bunches of broccoli, chopped florets
- 2 T Pickling Spice
- 1/4 c of olive oil
- 1/4 c or red vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 c of dried cranberries
- 3 T of silvered almonds
- Place broccoli in one gallon plastic ziplock bag
- Mix pickling spice, oil, red vinegar and garlic in a bowl
- Pour over broccoli and shake bag
- Marinate overnight
- Shake Occasionally
- Pour into a bowl and mix cranberries and almond
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Serve chilled
Be sure to follow us on Pinterest for more homemaking tips and resources!
The next time you need an easy side dish, try this cold broccoli salad recipe. It’s wonderful!