Love is in the air!
I have a love for decorating my home with Valentine’s decor. I’m not sure if it’s because red is my favorite color or my simple love for hearts.
I especially have a thing for door hangings. This easy DIY Valentine’s door hanging can be made in less than 30 minutes. And oh they are so cute.
Make one for your kid’s teachers, your besties, and of course, don’t forget yourself.
- Wooden craft heart
- Wooden letter of your choice
- 12″ piece decorative ribbon
- Hot glue gun/hot glue
- Flat paint brush
- Foam paint brush
- Red and white paint
- Pink ultra fine glitter
1. Paint your wooden heart with your white paint and foam paintbrush, then let dry
2. Now you can paint your wooden letter red
3. Sprinkle your wooden letter while still wet with your pink glitter and let dry
4. Once your heart is dry you can start painting vertical stripes with your red paint and flat paint brush
5. Hot glue your letter to the center of your heart
6. Turn your wooden heart over and hot glue your ribbon to the back (to insure a hold you can always use a small nail and nail it to the back)
7. Your sign is now ready to hang
Total cuteness or what?
Have fun making your DIY Valentine’s door hangings for your family, friends, and teachers.