My children and I are absolutely giddy over this Christmas slime recipe!
Seriously, it’s magnificent for sensory stimulation. I observed my kiddos independently reading while feeling the slime run through their fingers.
It’s not sticky at all, but it just has this magnificent texture that is truly amazing to me. I love it.
How to Make the Christmas Slime Recipe
- 2 bottles of Elmer’s Glue
- 3 T of borax
- 1/2 c of warm water
- Gather all your supplies together.
- Pour the glue in a mixing bowl.
- Add warm water to the glue bottles to get the remainder of the glue out of the bottles.
- Add the Borax to warm water and stir well in a glass measuring cup.
- Pour the Borax mixture into the glue and stir with a spoon.
You might have to play with the ingredients a bit to make it the consistency you want.
We used our hands to really mix up the slime. It was truly awesome! We all took turns mixing it up. The kiddos found it interesting how the texture changed into the slime.
I didn’t put in the beads or sequins in for my 2 year old nephew. He had a fun making it into a ball and played with it while siting in his high chair.
We divided the slime into three parts and stored it in baggies for later use. It’s been a week and it’s still keeping the children and me entertained.
Really! You have to try it.
If you end up hiding it from your kids, I promise not to judge you or tell them.
Let us know how much you and your children loved the Christmas slime recipe!